Canada Winter Games 2019 – Selecting Team Coaches, Manager & Wax Technician
CCSAM is now accepting applications for the 2019 Canada Winter Games Cross Country Ski Team Support Staff.
2019 CANADA WINTER GAMES
FEBRUARY 23 – MARCH 3, 2019 (2nd Phase)
RED DEER, ALBERTA
The CCSAM High Performance Committee (HPC) will select a support team of up to 5 individuals to travel with the 10 CCSAM athletes selected to compete in the 2015 Canada Winter Games:
- 1 Male Coach + 1 Female Coach
- 1 Para Nordic Coach
- 1 Wax Technician
- 1 Manager
The HPC will select the support team based on merit, ability and willingness to carry out the required duties leading up to and including the Games.
Preparing for the 2019 Games
The selected Coaches will be expected to:
- Assist the HPC with the identification and selection of team athletes,
- Cooperate with club & personal coaches in the development and implementation of athlete training programs and competition plans leading up to the Games,
- Assist club & personal coaches with the monitoring and evaluation of core team athletes leading up to the Games.
- At least one Coach must be Comp Dev (Certified status) by November 2018. All others must be Comp Dev (Trained).
The selected Wax Technician will be responsible for evaluating the contents of the team wax kit and recommending acquisitions.
The Manager will be responsible for liaising with identified athletes and their parents, support team, the HPC & Sport MB in all areas pertaining to Games preparation.
Honorariums will be negotiated.
All selected individuals must undergo a Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry check or produce copies of recent checks (less than 3 years old).
All selected individuals must complete the Respect in Sport online program.
All selected individuals must read & understand the 2019 Canada Winter Games Technical Package as published for Cross Country Skiing & Para Nordic.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2017