Trail Design + Grooming
CCSAM Trail Grooming
CCSAM can be contacted for trail grooming advice. We have limited capacity to groom trails as our equipment and personnel are committed to grooming Windsor Park Nordic Centre. However, we are available for consultation and may be able to connect you with a local groomer able to help you with your trail system.
CCSAM hosts an annual Trail Groomers Seminar and Workshop at Windsor Park Nordic Centre, typically in March. Please contact Karin in the CCSAM office for more information.
Information & Resources
- Course Preparation & Tracksetting – excerpt from Nordiq Canada Officials Manual
- Minnesota Grooming Clinic – Notes
- Ski Trail Grooming Guide – NWT Recreation & Parks Association
- Timm’s Hill Trail – Thinking of grooming your own ski trails?
- Good advice from Tidd Tech website:
- Grooming Snowmobiles – from CrossCountrySkier.com
Do It Yourself Guides
- Human Powered Trail Groomer (photos below)
- Snow Farmer – Trail grooming drag from Burwalde Woods
- Wooden tracksetter
- Tracksetter plan
Groomers Forum: http://s8.zetaboards.com/snowgroomingtalk/forum/7354/