Become a Special Olympics Manitoba Coach
Help make a difference in an athlete’s life today by joining the team of program volunteers and coaches who directly provide training for athletes in cross country skiing. They work with athletes to improve basic motor skills and prepare athletes for competition. The time commitment is one to two sessions each week for 1 to 2 1⁄2 hours (up to the coach). Some weekends are required for competition. Be a part of athletes achieving their goals and capture the spirit of Special Olympics!
We are currently searching for a Head Coach (or 2 people to Co-Head Coach) in the Winnipeg Region to be able to start up our cross country skiing program. Appropriate training and screening measures will be provided.
- Able to work in a team setting as well as one-on-one with athletes.
- Have some knowledge about cross country skiing.
- Some coaching experience is preferred.
- Able to communicate instructions effectively.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Plan club activities for the season.
- Regularly communicate with athletes, volunteers, and caregivers.
- Facilitate practices with assistant coaches with the safety and well-being of the athletes always coming first.
- Attend competitions with athletes regularly.
For more information on the role, please contact Kayla Kasian at firstname.lastname@example.org.