Manitoba Loppet Postponed to February 16th

Events News January 25, 2014
The Manitoba Loppet Organizing Committee met this morning and based on current forecasts have decided to postpone our event. Air temperature is looking OK, but if wind speeds reach predicted levels it will create unsafe racing and driving conditions and we do not want to risk anyone’s safety just for the sake of staying on schedule. We also of course want people to enjoy our race when they come here, and blown-in tracks and bitter winds generally do not make for the best of conditions.

We have confirmed our reschedule date to be February 16th. Race schedule, distances, etc. all remain the same as previously stated on the race notice. I will be re-opening registration soon, so please let your fellow skiers know that they can still register.

Thanks and Happy Skiing,

Paul Chambers
Race Director/Vice President

Manitoba Loppet/Whiteshell Ski Club