Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Provincial Championship / Manitoba Cup – Classic technique

Feb 9, 2019

FEB 9th UPDATE: Start List – Interval V6

Coaches meeting at 12:00 PM
We are still watching the weather – it is -31 here and environment Canada tells us it will be -19 by 2pm.
We are sorry that the weather man can not be more clear – ie . It will be -30 etc so we could easily call the race but it is too close to make the call now.
We are hoping that the weather gods do what is predicted so we can run the race.
If we can not then we hope you come for a preski, get to know the course for tomorrow and come enjoy the banquet.
Travel safe – blow on your thermometer as see you soon!!

FEB 8th UPDATE: Race time delayed till 2pm!

The race committee has been watching the weather closely/ the trails are all groomed and beautiful and just waiting for you!
The desision has been made to delay Saturday’s race start time till 2 pm when temperatures are to be between -19 & -20C.
Distances have been shortened as per race committee protocol with cold temperatures.
We are really hoping that the forecasters are right! We will make a final decision at noon. If we need to cancel we welcome you to pre-ski for Sunday’s race which is supposed to be -14!
Participating in a winter outdoor sport has its challenges especially for race committee’s and we hope that you respect our work we have put into this event and the hard decisions we have to make.

FEB 6th UPDATE: the MIDGETS racing 5km.

FEB 5th UPDATE: the JUNIOR BOYS are racing 10km both Saturday and Sunday.

FEB 4th UPDATE: Race Notice updated. NO Bib pick up Friday night.

Race Notice v4


Feb 9, 2019
Event Category:


Mount Evergreen
Kenora, Ontario Canada


Jackie Hummelbrunner