- This event has passed.
Manitoba Loppet – POSTPONED
Feb 1st update: This morning, we had a close look at the Loppet course to assess the current state of the snow pack after the abuse it has recently received. If we were to run the Loppet today it would be a go. However, given the expected warm temperatures we feel that the course will not survive what is coming up in the next several days. Certain spots are likely to be bare and other icy spots are too thin to renovate. Therefore, in the interests of skier safety we are choosing to postpone the Loppet, likely to March. Whether or not that happens depends on whether we get snow. It is our strong hope that Manitoba will get snow soon, so that the Provincials and other events can happen.
Our trails teem worked hard to make this happen but were ultimately defeated by the weather.
Peter Vilks, Manitoba Loppet Event Chair